The Plasma Pen Fibroblast is the world’s most advanced, non-invasive, skin lifting, skin-tightening and rejuvenation device used to treat wrinkles, skin tags and sagging skin. This treatment can be used for numerous procedures to dramatically enhance your skin without the need for costly and invasive surgery. This device performs fibroblast therapy to target problematic areas that have traditionally been treated with fillers or plastic surgery. Results can last 3 – 5 years.
The Plasma Pen Fibroblast (PPF) is the world’s most advanced, non-invasive, skin lifting, skin-tightening and rejuvenation device used to treat wrinkles, skin tags and sagging skin. This treatment can be used for numerous procedures to dramatically enhance the looks without the need for costly and invasive surgery. This device performs fibroblast therapy to target problematic areas that have traditionally been treated with fillers or plastic surgery. Results can last 3 – 5 years.
The PPF is used to perform fibroblast therapy, a technique to stimulate production of collagen in the skin. Fibroblasts are the most common cells of connective tissue in the body that produce collagen. Collagen keeps the skin taunt and supple. This method can be used to treat multiple areas of concern without damaging the surrounding tissue.
The PPF harnesses the power of plasma. Plasma is the fourth state of matter along with Solid, Liquid, and Gas. The principle involves the ionization of gases from the atmospheric air to create a micro electrical discharge or ARC. The ARC never touches your skin, however, it causes a micro injury to the skin’s epidermal layer whilst simultaneously heating and disrupting the deeper dermal structure via thermal conductions. This is more commonly known as “Fibroblasting”. Fibroblasts are the most common cells of connective tissue in the body that produce collagen.
This anti-aging treatment is based on a series of minute dots adjacent to the tension lines on the skin. This process triggers an immediate tightening, lifting, and remodeling of the skin. This technique is used to stimulate the production of collagen in the skin.
As with ANY procedure there are risks, and with almost every aesthetic procedure there is a little “downtime.” Downtime can be subjective and every person has a different perspective of what “looks bad” and what is “uncomfortable.”
Risks include swelling, slight bruising, skin discoloration and scarring.
You will have small scabbing “white” dots that will naturally fall off in 5 – 7 days.
Your downtime may include:
- Redness, swelling and scabbing in the treatment area
- Average of 8 days downtime on the face and neck areas
- Average of 10 to 14 days on the body, depending on the area being treated and the intensity of the treatment
- Swelling usually begins the day following your treatment, and peaks around day 3
- After day 3, swelling subsides and very small scabs form.
- Scabs normally begin to fall off naturally around day 6 and 7 (for face and neck)
- Please be aware that the days indicated are simply guidelines for average healing time. Healing time and results may be negatively compromised by not following the aftercare protocol: no drinking alcohol, no smoking and no picking/scrubbing. If your health is compromised in any way, this can also extend your healing time and negatively affect your results.
Plasma Pen Fibroblasting is a highly technical and artistic process but it is not always an exact science. Clinicians can never guarantee an exact shrinking, tightening, lifting or softening result due to individual skin elasticity, the individual healing process and a very wide range of other factors – including your strict adherence to the aftercare regime recommended. Depending on the procedure being delivered; results immediately following the treatment session may only represent 30% to 50% of the final result. The full effect should then be assessed over the coming 12 weeks as the extensive epidermal and dermal remodeling occurs – which includes the formation of a new and rejuvenated neo epidermis, neo collagenesis, neo elastogenesis and the reversal of elastotic change.
Depending on the patient, their individual skin and many other factors, some treatments will provide instant results. Others may require more than one treatment to achieve the desired outcome. The payment for any additional work, if applicable, will always be agreed with you prior to your treatment.
- Fine Lines
- Crows’ Feet Lines
- Eyebrow ptosis – *Only non-surgical treatment to tighten eyelid skin
- Nasal Labial Folds / Laugh Lines
- Marionette Lines
- Smokers Lines
- Neck Lines
- Sagging Skin / Loose Skin
- Sagging Skin on neck, above knees and elbows
- Skin Tags and Moles
- Acne Scars
- Pigmentation Removal
- Age Spot Removal
- Back of hands
- Liver Spot Removal
- Freckle Removal
- Scar Removal
- Stretch Mark Removal
- Bat-Wing Arms
- No Bruising
- Spot Bleeding
- No Stitches
- Long lasting results
- Safe and Effective Treatment
- Limited Downtime
- Immediate Results
- Non-Invasive Treatment
- Non-surgical Technique
- No Scalpel or Surgical Cutting of the Skin
- Almost Painless with Anesthetic Cream
- No thinning of the skin and more uniform than ablative resurfacing using lasers
- Treatment time between 1-2 hours, depending on the area (facial area – body parts can take longer depending on the area to be treated).
Prior to obtaining a Plasma Pen Fibroblast (PPF) skin treatment, we highly recommend following this pre-treatment form in order to avoid any possible complications or unwanted side effects.
- Be In Good Health. In order for your body to be at its most optimal healing stage, you should be in good health and avoid doing any PPF treatments if you are sick (cold, flu, etc), or undergoing any medical procedures (surgery, etc), or if you suffer from any uncontrolled illness (Diabetes, Cancer, etc).
- Darker Skin Types. This treatment works best on skin types 1-3 (Very light to Medium toned skin). If you are medium to dark (types 4-5), a patch test may be necessary to ensure that you heal well and do not form keloids or hyper/hypo-pigment. This treatment is not recommended for skin type 6
(Dark Skin) because of the risk of keloid formation and hypopigmentation.
- Botox. Botox should be injected at least two weeks prior to a PPF treatment, and 4-6 weeks after a PPP treatment.
- Avoid the Sun. You should avoid the sun as much as possible in general, however, definitely 2 weeks prior and 4-6 weeks after a PPF treatment, we highly recommend no active tanning (tanning beds, beach, vacation in hot climates, etc).
- Cold Sore. If you suffer from Herpes/Cold sores you should start a viral medication treatment at least 1 week prior to having a PPF treatment. Please call your Primary MD for a preventative prescription.
- Accutane. You should not use Accutane for 6-12 months before your treatment.
- Lidocaine. You should not be allergic to numbing creams, especially Lidocaine, Benzocaine and Tetracaine. If you are not sure, we can do a patch test to make sure no allergy exists.
Starting 2 weeks before your scheduled treatment, you should:
- Stop use of all Retinols. This includes Retin A, Tazorac, “anti-aging” products
- Stop use of all glycolic or salicylic acid treatments being treated by PPP
- Stop waxing in the area(s) being treated by PPP
- Stop any abrasive scrubs in the area(s) being treated by PPP
- Stop microdermabrasion treatments in the area(s) being treated by PPP
How to Care for Your Skin After a Plasma Pen Fibroblast Treatment
Moisturize: Remember that peeling and /or flaking is normal during the healing process. Therefore, any products should be non-irritation and non-clogging, else you could develop breakouts. During the healing period your moisturizer may be too occlusive, so please consider a light-based product, rather than a heavy cream-based product. Re-apply whenever your skin feels dry.
Scrubs, Toners, Glycolic Acid, Retin-A: Your skin will be sensitive for the 2 weeks after treatment (possibly longer), so do not use products that will cause irritation at this time. Do NOT use abrasive scrubs, toners, or products that contain Glycolic Acids or Retin-A.
Bleaching Creams: Discontinue use of your bleaching cream while your skin is tender. Restart your bleaching cream 4-6 weeks after your skin has fully healed.
Make-up: We recommend that no make-up be applied to the affected area until the scabs are fully healed which can take between 3-5 days.
Resume your normal skin care regimen when your skin has fully healed.
Cold Sores: Contact the office if you are developing any cold sores so that they may be treated properly.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us directly so we can further assist you and advise you to be able to get the best possible results after your treatment.
This form is designed to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision to have the Plasma Pen Fibroblast (PPF) treatments performed. If you have any questions or do not understand any part of this consent, please do not hesitate to ask us. The information provided is confidential and for professional use only.
Plasma Pen Fibroblast skin treatment is used for correction of wrinkles and fine lines, pigmented lesions, age spots and skin discoloration, resurfacing the skin, correction of melasma, acne scar and surgical scar correction, mole and skin tag removal, and more.
- I understand that a single procedure will not remove all my skin problems completely and that optimal results may require multiple treatments (Minimum of 3 treatments is recommended)
- I understand that individual response will vary according to their skin type, area being treated, and their follow-up care.
- I understand that post treatment skincare products to heal my skin are required at an additional cost. ANESTHETIC: The topical anesthetic that will be used contains Benzocaine, Lidocaine and Tetracaine.
- I approve for these creams and lotions to be used before and during the procedure
- I do not have diabetes, autoimmune disorder, uncontrolled heart conditions.
- I am not using Accutane, nor have I been on Accutane in the last year.
- I do not have a history of keloid scar formation or poor wound healing.
- I do not have allergies to Benzocaine, Tetracaine and/or Lidocaine.
- I am not pregnant, and I am not breastfeeding.
- I do not have a pacemaker
- I do not have any metal implants (if you do a determination will be made pending location)
- HERPES SIMPLEX- I understand that if I have ever, in my life, experienced a cold sore in the same area as my current treatment, I must start on an antiviral prophylaxis (i.e. Valtrex) 1 week prior to starting my treatments.
SIDE EFFECTS- The nature of the PPF procedure has been explained to me. Just as there may be benefits to a procedure, I understand that all procedures involve risks to some degree.
Side Effects may include, but are not limited to:
Pain – Most people feel some heat-related discomfort during the treatment. This discomfort is usually temporary during the procedure and localized within the treatment area.
Redness and Swelling – PPP treatments will cause varying degrees of redness and swelling in the treatment area. These common side effects last from several days to a couple of weeks depending upon the aggressiveness of the treatments.
Itching – This can occur as part of the normal wound healing process or may occur as part of infection, poor wound healing or contact dermatitis.
Acne or Milia Formation – A flare-up of acne or formation of milia, tiny white bumps or small cysts on the skin, may occur. These symptoms usually resolve completely. Although not necessary, on occasion a series of prophylaxis antibiotics may be prescribed by your Doctor.
Pigment Changes – During the healing phase, the treated area may appear to be darker. This is called PIH, post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. PIH occurs as a part of the normal skin reaction to injury. This pigmentation usually fades in 3 to 6 months.
Hypo-pigmentation – In some patients who experience pigment changes, the treated area loses pigmentation and becomes a lighter color than the surrounding skin. This type of reaction may also be permanent but usually resolves in 1-3 months.
Bleeding; Oozing; Crusting – Aggressive treatment may cause pin-point bleeding and/or oozing. Crusting or scabbing may form after the drying of clear fluid or blood. These reactions need to be reported to the office for additional post care instructions.
Blisters; Burns; Scabbing – Heating in the upper layers of the skin may occasionally cause blisters or burns and subsequent scab formation. The blisters usually disappear within 2-4 days. A scab may be present after a blister forms, but typically will disappear during the natural wound healing process of the skin.
Scarring – Scarring is a possibility due to the disruption to the skin’s surface and/or abnormal healing. Scars, which can be permanent, may be raised or depressed, and scarring could lead to loss of pigment or hypo-pigmentation in the scarred area.
Melasma – Melasma is a condition which is very difficult to treat. Although good results have been obtained, multiple treatments, as well as use of bleaching creams are necessary for optimal results. No guarantees can be offered, as results vary greatly from patient to patient.
NO GUARANTEES/NO REFUNDS – Because all individuals are different, it is not possible to completely predict the benefits from this treatment. By signing this form, I acknowledge that guarantees as to the final result of my treatment have not been made. Some individuals will have a very noticeable improvement after the first treatment, while others may have a little improvement. I understand that additional treatments for additional fees may be needed to achieve my desired end-result.
This office has a strict no refund policy. This means that no refunds are given for any reasons.
By my signature, I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing informed consent form and have been adequately informed of the nature of my condition, the nature of the procedure, the expected benefits of this treatment, the risks of this treatment, the alternative methods of treatment, and the risks of not treating my condition. I hereby consent to this procedure. I hereby indemnify Renata Well Spa and its clinical technician(s), from all liability associated with this procedure.
PPF will produce some side-effects. The intensity and duration of your side effects depends on the treatment aggressiveness and your individual healing characteristics. Generally, patients who are treated more aggressively experience more intense side-effects that last longer. Notify your provider if the severity of your side-effects becomes a problem for you.
Swelling: You will notice most of the swelling on the first morning following the treatment, particularly around the eyes. Swelling usually lasts 2-3 days, however, they can last up to 3 weeks, depending on the intensity of the treatment and the healing ability of the client. To minimize swelling do the following:
- Take Anti-Inflammatory medication (such as: Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve) starting 6 hours after treatment if needed.
- Sleep elevated for the first 2 nights. Use as many pillows as tolerated.
Redness: Most redness resolves in 7-10 days after treatment, but a rosy “glow” can remain for several weeks after the treatment, again, depending on your healing ability, age, medications, metabolism, etc.
Dry Skin: Your skin may feel dry, peel or flake. You may notice a “sandpaper” texture a few days after treatment. This is the treated tissue working its way out of your body as new fresh skin is regenerated.
Bronzing, Crusting and Small Dark Dots: A PPF Treatment causes destruction to microscopic cylinders of skin which then exfoliates during the healing process. The PPF treatment can make the skin look bronzed, or small areas appear crusted (DO NOT TRY TO SCRATCH THEM OFF). Scratching off any carbon deposits may result in hypo-pigmentation of the skin that may not be able to be reversed and could cause scarring. Please refrain from scratching any areas that are healing.
Raw Skin: If you develop areas of raw skin post treatment, keep the area moist with Bacitracin or Aquaphor. You DO NOT need to apply band-aids but try to keep the areas moist and do not pick at the skin. They will heal very rapidly on their own without problems.
Please schedule an appointment for a Complimentary Beauty & Wellness Consultation either by calling 904-770-5021 or Book Online at RenataWellSpa.com
“Begin your journey to wellness, with focus, determination and, beauty.”
Isn't it time to take a minute for yourself?
Escape the stress, the hustle, and the never-ending demands of your life . . . even if for just a little while.